Show Your Work
Sometimes big insights come in small sizes and this was the case with Austin Kleon’s book Show Your Work.
Show Your Work is a manifesto for aspiring creatives to start sharing your process, inspirations and of course your work even if it not perfect. It’s a short book that’s filled with full-page illustrations and photos so it can be completed in a couple of hours. Each chapter deals with a specific theme:
- You don’t have to be a genius.
- Think process, not product.
- Share something small every day.
- Open up your cabinet of curiosities.
- Tell good stories.
- Teach what you know.
- Don’t turn into human spam.
- Learn to take a punch.
- Sell out.
- Stick around.
It’s a philosophy that resonates with me as an agile development practitioner that preaches constant iteration.